Burnout is real and most of us have faced this monster at one point or another. Of course, as with everything, there are many different levels and we might use the phrase lightly – just meaning that we are tired of something we are doing. This can be an activity, a job, a relationship or a living situation. You get the picture. However,burnout can also be or lead to some real physical and emotional problems. Well, that is the space I found myself in due to a variety of circumstances.
Sadly, this was not the first time in my life that I had ignored the warning signs my body was kindly providing for me. On the bright site, I knew what to do since I was not a newbie to that opportunity. Yes, you read that right. Opportunity. This burnout, this feeling sick and tired (literally) and weirdly depressed for no apparent reason demanded that I was taking a real good look at my life. How and where was my energy spent any given day. What was frustrating, what was working and making me feel good. And most importantly, what was my gut, my subconscious telling me, had been telling me all along- only to be ignored by me.
Tools Which Worked For Us
In this episode, Jenise and I are discussing some of the tools each of us have found useful to pull ourselves back from this deep dark hole called burnout. The same techniques work beautifully to prevent getting there in the first place – a much better way to go
- Determine what is truly important.
- Say no to everything else – unless it is something which brings lots of joy.
- Ask for help.
- Find time to go inward.
- Let go of self-destructive thoughts.
- Focus on breath several times during the day.
- Connect with nature.
- Pay attention to diet.
- Incorporate activities like Yoga and Meditation into the daily life.
- Let go of toxic relationships.
- Let go of Eco guilt
These are some of the tips and tools we came up with. Please share what is, or has been working for you. We love to hear from you. Post a comment below or visit our Facebook group: Sustainable Living Tips, Tools & Tactics
How to Rate on iTunes
Jenise and I would love to hear from you. Please tell us what you think, what you liked or disliked about our show or what topics you want to hear. You can leave a comment, send us an email or engage with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Tsu.
Also, if you like this podcast, please give us a 5 star rating and a review on iTunes. Here is how:
- go to iTunes Store
- find our podcast: Sustainable Living Podcast
- Click on Ratings and Reviews and follow instructions
- If you are subscribed to the podcast, the rating feature doesn’t appear – at least not on my phone. Then, please take the extra step to unsubscribe, refresh, rate and review and subscribe again.
- THANK YOU!