Episode 44 Interview with David Wittchen
First Awareness of Health
David is a health coach, detoxification specialist, Innerwise mentor and raw food enthusiast. At 13 years of age, David faced some serious health problems and was told by his doctors that they couldn’t do anything for him. That he needed to learn to live with his condition. lucky for him, his mom found an alternative doctor who was able to help him.
Fast forward to David as a young man, eating a very healthy diet, but still dealing with severe skin problems. He had a very healthy diet and again went to several doctors in hope of a cure. Finally, he remembered the Doctor, Uwe Albrecht, who helped him once before. Again, he was helped through the method called Innerwise developed by Uwe. (We previously interviewed Uwe. You can find that interview here .)
Finding his Life’s Work
Traveling for one year gave David lots of time to think and ponder what he wanted his life’s work to be. He decided to not return to his employment as an engineer, but rather help people on their journey to find health and happiness. Surprisingly, the right food is just one part of the quest for health, albeit an important one.
David found that we have to bring our life into overall harmony to create health, happiness and well being. This includes of course healthy food, but also healthy relationships, self-care, work we love to do, rest, a relationship with nature and more.
Some Tips to Become or Stay Healthy
David says that we have allies in our quest to be healthy.
The sun will shine for everybody
The water is there for everybody
Clean air is there for everybody
They will not choose for whom they are available
Here are some of the self-care actions David suggests:
- Take time for yourself.
- Say no to others.
- Spend time in nature.
- Breath deeply and consciously.
- Surround yourself with people who inspire and encourage you to find your own way.
- Avoid people who fear change and rather complain than improve.
- Ask for help.
- Remember to take small steps.
- We don’t need to have it all figured out to begin.
Good food is, of course, part of being a healthy person and zoddles happen to be a favorite dish for many. This great recipe uses all raw ingredients and is delicious no matter if raw food is your thing or not.
Raw Vegan ZUCCHINI PASTA recipe aka Zoodles:
– Use spiralizer or Julienne peeler to turn 2 medium sized zucchini and 1 big carrot into noodles
– RAW VEGAN PASTA SAUCE: place the following ingredients in your high speed blender; 4 roma tomatoes, 1 red bell pepper, 1 avocado, fresh lemon juice & 1 hand full of fresh basil.
David shares all his recipes on Instagram. He has currently more than 250 posted from smoothies and juices to hardier dinners.
How to Reach David
David has a website and a presence on several social media
Instagram for all the recipes
photos and recipes are from David.
Jenise and I would love to hear from you. Please tell us what you think, what you liked or disliked about our show or what topics you want to hear. You can leave a comment, send us an email or engage with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Tsu.
Also, if you like this podcast, please give us a 5 star rating and a review on iTunes. Here is how:
- go to iTunes Store
- find our podcast: Sustainable Living Podcast
- Click on Ratings and Reviews and follow instructions
- If you are subscribed to the podcast, the rating feature doesn’t appear – at least not on my phone. Then, please take the extra step to unsubscribe, refresh, rate and review and subscribe again.
- THANK YOU!
Leave a Reply